Falconeri Munro Tucci LLP is excited to announce that on October 14, 2014, the Ontario Neurotrauma Foundation (ONF) and the Canadian Spinal Research Organization (CSRO) are coming to Kingston, ON to present After & Beyond Neurotrauma: The Medical-Legal Conference. The conference will take place at the Four Points by Sheraton Hotel & Conference Centre, located at 285 King Street East, with registration opening at 7:30am and the day concluding at 4:00pm.
This one-day event has been specifically designed for health care professionals, caregivers, and health care organizations. During this medical-legal conference, attendees will learn best practices, latest medical research, and legal policy to provide best care and outcomes for individuals who have suffered a spinal cord injury and/or brain injury. For more details, please view the brochure at the bottom of this page or download the brochure here.
Partners at Falconeri Munro Tucci LLP—Joseph Falconeri (a member of ONF’s Board of Directors), Barry Munro (Chair, ONF & Chair, CSRO), Bryan Rumble, and Leigh Harrison-Wilson—are delighted to be the speakers for the legal component of the conference. Topics include:
- The Vital Role a Clinical Team Plays in a Catastrophic Impairment Assessment. Presented by: Barry Munro, Joseph Falconeri, along with Dr. Unarket, Medical Director of Rehabilitation and Ambulatory Care, Bridgepoint Active Healthcare
- How to Make the Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule (SABS) Work for Your Patient/Client. Presented by: Bryan Rumble and Leigh Harrison-Wilson
- Panel Discussion: How to Avoid the Pitfalls of a Catastrophic Accident Benefits Claim. Panel Chair: Joseph Falconeri
In addition, ONF has secured accomplished health care professionals to speak on both brain injury and spinal cord injury for the medical piece of the conference. Topics include:
- How to Provide the Best Primary Care for Patients with Spinal Cord Injury. Presented by: Dr. Joe Lee, Family Physician
- Managing Co-Existing Brain Injury, Substance Misuse, and Mental Health Issues. Presented by: Carolyn Lemsky, Clinical Director, Community Head Injury Resource Services
- Guidelines for Diagnosing and Managing Pediatric Concussion. Presented by: Dr. Nick Reed, Clinician Scientist and Occupational Therapist, Holland Bloorview Kids’ Rehabilitation Hospital; Assistant Professor, Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy, University of Toronto, along with Janice Gray, Psychometrist/School Liaison, Thames Valley Children’s Centre
- Secondary Medical Complications After or Post Spinal Cord Injury. Presented by: Dr. Sussan Askari, Physiatrist, Providence Care
In addition, attendees will be inspired by Kingston resident Katie Charboneau. At the age of 19, Katie was in a car accident that resulted in extensive paralysis from the neck down. Yet, even in the face of her current challenges, Katie remains exceptionally driven. Since the accident, she has graduated from Queen’s University, visited an elephant sanctuary in South Africa, and has organized a multitude of fundraisers. She is the recipient of the Terry Fox Humanitarian Award and an avid public speaker. During her inspiring keynote, attendees will learn how integral the clinical team and support system are to recovery.
This medical-legal conference is sure to book up quickly, register today by phoning Erin Finn at 613-449-4350 or register by email at email@example.com. The cost to attend the conference is $100.57 per person.
To learn more about the conference, please see the brochure below.